At Park Georgia Insurance, we are, and have always been, committed to protecting all of the personal information you share with us in order to maintain your privacy. It is our priority to respect and uphold your need for confidentiality.
Since January 1, 2004 new privacy legislation is in effect. Therefore, we want to clearly explain why we ask for your personal information, how we use the information and then provide you with choices.
What is personal information?
This refers to information that specifically identifies you as an individual. It includes information that you provide when completing insurance applications with us or that we collect from other sources with your permission in the standard process.
Why do we ask for your personal information?
We collect and use your personal information primarily to help us in the writing of insurance policies, along with assisting us in the day-to-day servicing of your accounts. More specifically, we ask for personal information for the following reasons:
- To verify your identity and protect you and Park Georgia Insurance against fraud;
- To provide you with information about our products and services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To set up and manage products and services you have requested from us;
- To satisfy the regulatory obligations of our industry
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We share your personal information with others in order to serve your needs. These other parties commonly include:
- Insurance Companies
- Other insurance brokers or agents
- Credit organizations
- Financial institutions. For example, the organization that carries your mortgage.
- We will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those that we identify to you.
- We will keep your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the stated purpose or as required by law.
- We will maintain your personal information in as accurate, complete and up-to-date a form as possible.
- We will safeguard your personal information to the best of our ability.
- We will respond to any request you may make to access or correct the personal information we hold about you.
- We will obtain the appropriate consent from you for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
We may obtain your express consent or we may determine that consent has been implied by the circumstances.
- We might ask you for your express consent in writing, for example in a signed consent or application form.
- We may ask for your express consent in person or over the telephone.
- We may determine that by seeking insurance through our Agency, your consent has been implied for us to deal with your personal information in a reasonable manner.
There are also legal exceptions in which we will not need to obtain your consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. For example, this could apply when there is an emergency situation, or if it is necessary for your protection or ours.
You could refuse to allow us to obtain, use or share your personal information or you could also withdraw a previously given consent at any time. However, by doing so, you may be limiting or even preventing our ability to provide you with the product or service you desire.
Accountability, Openness and Customer Access
For more information, to file a complaint, to make enquiries, please contact the Privacy Officer in writing:
|Head Office||Park Georgia Insurance Agencies (2014) Ltd|
|Address||201-5701 Granville St, Vancouver, BC, V6M 4J7|